Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Graham's Travel Blog is 6 Months Old!

Well, my blog is now over 6 months old and I'd like to take this time to reflect on what that time has brought.

By the Numbers

In the past 6 months I've:
Posted 30 entries (once per week with near clocklike precision).

Had 17 subscribers to my feed (only two of which are actually me).

Have a regular circulation of roughly 40 per week.

These certainly aren't record breaking numbers but I've had the chance to explore my creative side, learned quite a bit about myself, and I've learned a lot about writing.

Blog Highlights

I've had several blog related accomplishments over the past 6 months. I think the most important may be my slow adaptation to using photos. While I'm not currently posting a picture with every entry; it certainly has become a more regular activity. As a result I have been taking a lot more pictures, which is a happy side effect of blogging.

As far as my posts go I have a few favorites that I would like to highlight:

Queue Madness- Inspired by my wife; this entry really sucked me in. I quite enjoyed the thought process on this one, and it took a life of its own. I've updated it with a wonderful picture taken by my wife, that's reason enough to give this post a second (or first) look.

11 Usable Tips for Greener Travel- This was my first 'green' post, and it felt very good to write. It was nothing groundbreaking, but quite a few people read it, and it was nice to share my knowledge on the subject.

Curse of the German Asterisk- One of my favorite travel stories detailed in excruciating detail. The short version is that I got lost on a train in Germany but the full story is much better.

Travel and Disaster- A topical post that explored the emotional connection that I develop with the places that I visit.

The Future of Graham's Travel Blog

It looks like I'll continue to travel, and I'll continue to write about my adventures. I'll keep to one post a week since I have been able to maintain that pace without too many troubles. I will however work on including more pictures in my posts since they break up the ranting blocks of text that I am apt to write.

I appreciate all of my regular readers and encourage you to continue to comment. You can even send me an e-mail if you like, I'll do my best to get back to you promptly.

Wrapping it up

OK, that's about enough of me blabbing for now. To close out my first 6 months I'd like to open the floor to you in the form of a Q&A session. Pose to me any questions that you will and I'll answer all reasonable questions in a future post. You can post your questions as a comment below or you can send me an e-mail.


Thank you for reading,
Graham

If you've enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to the RSS feed.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6 months! I published my 200th post today and didn't even realize it! See how much fun blogging is? I enjoy reading your posts, very thoughtful and thought provoking. I loved Nicole's photo! Great eye. I am looking forward to more posts here. Hmm a question for the great Graham the travel man- You must have packing down to a science, how do you pack? I would love some packing tips.

    Also when I travel I cannot go without earplugs, I get the best night's sleep with them and if I forget them I am at the nearest drug store purchasing some. That is my one big travel must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel plugs can be a great help, so long as you have them. The last time that I really needed them, I hadn't packed them.

    Packing, I'll have to think about that but I've got a couple decent tips up my sleeves for that one. Thanks for the question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Graham!!! Six months is huge! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Globetrottingbride. I've enjoyed working on the blog quite a bit and I am looking forward to converting my adventures into something that is slightly interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been 3 years now your blog is alive. how come there's no new posts this year? :D

    Hotel Taganga

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes quite a determination to post once a week constantly. Congratulations and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete